Ask Warp AI to debug errors, explain output, write scripts, or walk you through a workflow
Warp AI is an AI-powered assistant that’s integrated within the Warp terminal.
This feature sends input data to OpenAI servers through their API and is explicitly opt-in. Read more about data privacy for Warp features on our privacy page.
You can ask Warp AI to:
- Explain output from the terminal
- Suggest how to fix an error (Warp AI will automatically detect errors in output)
- Write a script for you (e.g. write an automated script to ssh into a cloud instance)
- Walk you through a setup (e.g. install latest version of postgres)
- Show examples
Or, you can start a conversation with Warp AI using natural language. To get started, open Warp AI and ask any question or write a prompt.
Here are the ways you can access Warp AI:
SHIFT-CTRL-SPACEfrom the command line or with some text or a block selected
- Click the Warp AI icon ⚡ from any block
- Right-click on any block or selected text and select “Ask Warp AI” from the menu
- Click the Warp AI icon ⚡ from the top bar menu in Warp
Warp AI also includes AI Command Search, which can be accessed by typing
#on the command line. With AI Command Search, you can write natural language to look up commands you are unsure about and Warp AI will suggest commands for you. If you'd like more information about a command before you accept and run the suggestion, you can follow the Warp AI prompts for explanations, examples, or related commands.